How is the data updated?
Where do MYB's statistics come from?
How regularly is the data updated?
I have found incorrect contact data, what should I do?
What formats is the Municipal Year Book available in?
Can I get a subscription for more than one person?
What are the terms and conditions?
Using the website
Can I download contact information from the website?
Can I download statistical data from MYB Online?
What if I can't find the local authority I'm looking for?
Can I save any of my search results?
How do I add a council to 'my Favourite Councils'?
How do I add a contact to my Address Book?
How do I make a note about a contact in my Address Book?
How do I view notes I've made in my Address Book?
How do I use Browse Directory?
How do I view values in the graphs in a council entry?
- How is MYB data updated?
- The Municipal Year Book has a dedicated editorial contact in each of the UK's 417 local authorities. We contact this person to update the information that we hold about the council. In addition, we publish several other market leading local government products which give us the opportunity to regularly update details on the Municipal Year Book database.
- Where does MYB's statistics come from?
- Council statistics are gathered either directly from the council through their own releases, freedom of information or national statistical releases. In the case of the latter they may be aggregated to reflect our own reporting style.
- How regularly is the data updated?
- We ensure that every council updates their whole entry at least once a year. Additionally, we are in regular contact with council officers and make amendments as they are reported. In this way the database is updated on a daily basis.
- I have found incorrect contact data, what should I do?
- We have over 40,000 contact names in the Municipal Year Book database, so unfortunately there will be a small amount of incorrect data due to the constantly changing nature of the sector. Every effort is made to keep these errors to a minimum. If you find erroneous data, please alert our editorial team who will be happy correct the data and get back to you with new details. firstname.lastname@example.org
- What formats is the Municipal Year Book available in?
- Municipal Year Book is available as a subscription website or a hardcopy. More details can be found here: http://www.municipalyearbook.co.uk/info. We also offer marketing services including bespoke research and sponsored emailings. For more information call 01935 374004.
- Can I get a subscription for more than one person?
- MYB Online offers a multi-user Corporate Subscription for up to 100 people. Please contact email@example.com for more details or call 01935 374004.
What are the Terms and Conditions?
This website is operated by Hemming Group Limited (company number 490200 – registered in England and Wales), whose registered office is at 32 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SS (‘Hemming Group Limited, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’).
By using the website, and in consideration of Hemming Group Limited allowing you access to it, you accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms"). From time to time we may modify the Terms, so please continue to review them whenever accessing or using the website. You may only use this website if you agree to these terms and conditions and by continuing to use this website you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
All copyright, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights used as part of the website are vested in Hemming Group Limited and its licensors.
You acquire no rights or licences in or to the website other than the limited right to use the website solely in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Other than as set out below, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, perform, modify, or in any other way exploit any part of the website.
You may not use any part of the website to construct a database of any kind.
Single user subscriptions may only be used by the person named when purchasing the subscription.
Whilst we try to ensure that the information on this site is accurate and complete, we do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the information on this site. We advise you to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it.
Links to other sites
You may be offered automatic links to other sites, which we hope you will be interested in. Hemming Group Limited does not accept any responsibility for the content of those sites, the owners of which do not necessarily have any link, commercial or otherwise with Hemming Group Limited.
We reserve the right at any time without notice to enhance, modify, alter, or suspend the website and to terminate or restrict your access to the website
You agree to comply with the general terms and conditions of use for our website which can be found above.
These Terms are governed English law and the English Courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
Using the website
- Can I download contact information from the website?
- It is not possible to download contact details directly from the site, however, you are able to save people to your address book on the My MYB page.
- Can I download statistical data from MYB Online?
- Yes. When you have conducted a search using the Council Statistics feature you are given the opportunity to download as an Excel file when you view your results. If you have a greater requirement for statistical data, please contact our editorial team on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements or call on 01935 374 004.
- What if I can't find the local authority I'm looking for?
- You can find authorities once you have logged into MYB Online by either selecting a letter from the A-Z menu and choosing the authority that you need or by typing the name of the council you are looking for in the 'search for a person/council' box . Both of these functions are situated at the top of your screen.
- Can I save any of my search results?
- You can save the results of your Council Statistic searches. Conduct a search and on the results page press the 'Save' button. You will be prompted to assign a name to the search. When you click the save button, your saved result will appear in the Council Statistics section of the my MYB page. Click on the name of the search to reopen the results. To delete, click on the 'X' by the name of the saved search.
- How do I add a council to "my Favourite Councils"?
- To assign a council as a favourite, browse to a council using the A-Z menu or type the council name into the search box. When the full entry opens, below the main council contact details is a button labeled 'Save to my Favourite Councils'. Press this to save as a favourite. Your favourite councils are listed on the my MYB page.
- How do I add a contact to my Address Book?
- When you have selected an officer name from either the officer or councillor list of the council entry page, there is an option at the bottom of the officer or councillor's entry to 'Save to my Address'. Pressing this button will include the contact in your Address Book.
- How do I make a note about a contact in my Address Book?
- In My Address Book select a contact to view their full details. Press the button marked 'Notes'. Type your note in the pop up that appears and click save. A tick will appear next to the contact's name to indicate that a note has been added to the contact.
- How do I view notes I've made in My Address Book?
- To view a note you've made in your address book, click on the button marked "Notes". Your note will appear in the pop up where you can edit it. Click save if you have made amendments.
- How do I use Browse Directory?
- In Browse directory press the '+' next to an item to open up the available options. Pressing '-' will close the list again.
- How do I view values in the graphs in a council entry?
- To view the values in the council graphs, hover your mouse over the pie chart. A label will appear to give you the value assigned to the chart area.
If there is a question you need answered that is not in this list, please contact us